“Alcohol is a temporary fun with permanent consequences”. Nowadays alcohol has become a part of daily life for some people across the world. People drink to socialize, celebrate, and relax. Alcohol has many peril effects on the human body. Regular drinking can make you feel weak but excessive consumption of alcohol can increase the risk of various problems such as alcohol dependence, poor concentration, and memory loss, tamper loss, confusion, slurred speech. Extreme intoxication may result in a decreased effort to breathe and heart rate, coma or even death.
We can treat alcoholism as a threatening disease which demands millions of innocent lives every year.
Alcohol can have the multitude of different effects upon an individual body and brain depending on a few different factors, such as age, gender, past drinking history, a volume of alcohol consumed, a pattern of drinking, amount of food eaten etc.
Alcohol is regarded as a most fashionable legal drug in some western country. It has become a measure to evaluate someone’s standard of living.
People add alcohol as a part of their celebration. But it costs an arm and a leg which means afterward you may have to pay heavily for this delectation.
The slanderous use of alcohol destroys the professional as well as personal life. It uncreated the common sense of the people. Violence is the least favorable outcome of alcohol intoxication.
Feeling slightly intoxicated is the first sign after the ingestion of alcohol. This is the stage when most people recognized as being visibly drunk and it is known as the first stage of drunkenness tipsy. When the alcohol enters in the bloodstreams and starts affecting the body and the brain function, the person appears more talkative and more self-confident.
As an individual consumes a higher level of consumption their Blood Alcohol Content increases, which leads to several different stages of alcohol intoxication.
Below are the 10 stages of drunkenness which we will discuss briefly.
- Sobriety or lower level consumption: The first stage of alcoholism is general experimentation with alcohol. In this stage, the person should feel like their normal self because of a lower level of intoxication like one or fewer alcoholic drinks per hour.
- Euphoria: The very next stage is the euphoric stage. A man enters in this stage after 2 to 3 drinks and a woman after 1 to 2 drinks in an hour. In the euphoric stage people find difficulty in concentrating, they appear to be more talkative and confident, their inhabitation becomes lower.
- Excitement: After up taking 3 to 5 drinks like a man and 2 to 3 drinks as a woman people feel drowsy, their senses become hebetudinous. This is the beginning of erratic behavior. In this stage, people lose their concentration, and they might have blurry vision also.
- Confusion: This stage commences after the consumption of more than 5 drinks per hour for a man and more than 4 drinks per hour for a woman. This is known as the confusion stage of intoxication. In this stage people feel hyperbolized emotion, they find difficulty in walking, and their vision gets blurred, they appear much more emotional.
- Daze: In this marginal consciousness stage people cannot stand or walk. They become unconscious and apathetic. They might have the punkish feeling also. This is a very grievous stage of people and they need medication at this stage.
- Sadness- In this stage, people get sad over the past miss happenings. For this, they just need an extra care and concern.
- Over-emotional- In this unconscious stage they might become emotionally unstable. As they feel mentally tired by remembering past issues.
- Inconvenient behavior-After indulging excessive alcohol. A person becomes unaware of their behavior and sometimes they act like an insane person. They tend to forget what they say and act like nothing actually happened.
- Coma: In this deep and often prolonged unconsciousness stage the body functions will slow down. The body temperature will also turn down. Shallow breathing and ultimately it may engender death.
- Death: At last, the departure from life as a result of respiratory arrest. Every year 2 to 3 million people die as an outcome of deleterious utilization of alcohol.
Above are some distinct stages of drunkenness with the detailed analysis.
The prejudicious upshot of alcohol is a planetary threat and we need to take some measure to control the death caused by it. It is not only the causal factor in many diseases but also the precursor to injury and vehemence. Overall, the calumniatory employ of alcohol cause more than 5% of global disease burden.
On the further side from the observer, we can say that noxious use of alcohol kills or disables people at a comparatively young age, ensuing in the deprivation of beaucoup years of life. There are different stages of getting drunk. People tend to start up taking alcohol at a very young stage and with the passage of time, it becomes their habit. We should take it as a prime social threat or planetary burden.